Welcome to the Online Community Group for New York !!

Kapil Samadhiya
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2019

Big hello to Big Apple folks,

Welcome to the online community group for New York users. We are super excited to launch this space and have it for sharing our knowledge, expertise and experiences with others.

While you're here, take a bit of time to look about the Community site as well, there is a wealth of knowledge about all of the Atlassian products, industry best practices and a whole lot of fun.

Please use this thread to introduce yourself and e-meet other Atlassian folks in the area. Also, don't miss to join & meet us in our next community event in NYC. Click HERE to find out more.  

Places to start:
Check out the miscellaneous-monday, friday-fun, or off-topic collection, for some fun discussions

Featured Groups for  Inclusion and Diversity and Jobs and Careers

For new folks you will want to check out the Frequently Asked Questions  and Community Guidlines.

13 comments

Comment

Kapil Samadhiya
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2019

Hi All, 

Here is my introduction. I am Kapil Samadhiya, working as Director of Technology with a digital media company in downtown Manhattan, NYC. I am also an Atlassian Community Event Leader and Online Community Leader. 

I am an Atlassian user since 2006 and used almost all of the products with server & cloud hosting. Currently working mainly on Cloud platforms & integrations. 

Please feel free to open up conversations in this group and will try to chime-in. Also, feel free to meet me in next NYC community event

Like # people like this
伟哎 May 18, 2022

I warmly congratulate you on your success in your career. You are really great. I will learn from you !

Like Viktoriya Borisova likes this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2019

*waves*

Hello, team! My name is Erica, and I'm a community manager here at Atlassian, based in New York! So cool to see this group come alive, and I can't wait to meet all of you! 😎

Like # people like this
Madhusudhan Matrubai
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2019

*waves back*

@Erica Moss that's great news and perfect timing !! Looking forward to meeting you and growing this community.

Like # people like this
Andrew Kendris August 22, 2019

Hello @Kapil Samadhiya!

@Erica Moss put it best - it's cool to see this come alive!

My name is Andrew Kendris and I work as an IT Project Manager at a corporate law firm in the Financial District, NYC. After attending my first Summit this year, I recently earned the Jira Project Administrator Certification and made the push to integrate all of Atlassian's solutions into my day-to-day (both professional and personal) with a focus on end-user experience.

It was great attending the Keep Cool with AUG IN AUG community event and looking forward to learning more from everyone and building a great community!

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2019

@Andrew Kendris Thanks so much for joining us, Andrew! I had so much fun last night — looking forward to seeing more of y'all. 😄

Like # people like this
Kapil Samadhiya
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2019

Hi @Andrew Kendris , good to meet you at the event, thanks for joining, hope to see you at the next NYC ACE. 

Like # people like this
Andrew Kendris August 26, 2019

Hello @Kapil Samadhiya

I’m certainly looking forward to the next event. The “HERE” link seems to be broken - is there another page with these details? 

Like # people like this
Kapil Samadhiya
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2019

Thanks @Andrew Kendris for pointing, not sure why it wasn't working, it is working now. Also link is here - https://aug.atlassian.com/new-york-atlassian-user-group/

Like # people like this
Kapil Samadhiya
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2019

Thanks @Andrew Kendris for pointing, not sure why it wasn't working, it is working now. Also link is here - https://aug.atlassian.com/new-york-atlassian-user-group

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2020

Hi, I'm Dave! I've been a part of this Atlassian User Group - er, Atlassian Community - for at least 8 years? Everyone I've met has been welcoming, and it's always fun crossing paths at events like Summit.

Until we can safely meet en masse, anyone up for a socially-distant outdoor meetup? Maybe with a capped number of guests?

Like # people like this
伟哎 May 18, 2022

I like this platform very much. It's great!

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2020

Hi all - I recently had a chance to attend a Boston ACE event.  One of the great things they did was set up a Slack workspace for attendees to continue conversations.  Is that something the NY group might consider?

Like # people like this
MICHAEL YAZINSKY March 22, 2021

Hi All.  I’m Michael Yaz.  Living in In around NYC doing project and support process work.  Have been attending AUG NY events for about 5 years.  Love  many things about Atlassian, but especially the user group community which is the best out there.  Looking fwd to seeing everyone in person again soon.  

Like # people like this
Michael Moschitta
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 23, 2021

Hi, I am new here. Just retired after 37 years of IT Management. Interested in Jira and possible 2nd act part time... glad to see such a lively community.. 

Like # people like this
伟哎 November 22, 2021

Hello, New York

Like # people like this
Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro April 20, 2022

Hi Community, this is Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro from Porto Alegre-RS, Brazil.

Currently, I'm a business development at the US West and Central at e-Core.

Prior, I have a history of working in the information technology and services industry of Atlassian Tools, Atlassian Oficial Training at Latam Territory, EMEA/APAC, contributing to the revenue surpassing each year.

I'm skilled in customer support, Marketing management, project management, strategic communication, and customer service optimization.

I graduated in Marketing, and I have a master's degree in Information Technology Management from Laureate International Universities. Work-Life balance is the fuel to keep me enthusiastic. 😃❤️🙏

I enjoyed the interaction with the community, and exchanging ideas or knowledge is quite fantastic from my point of view. ✨

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2022

Welcome to all the new joiners to this group, including @Tara Marken 

Feel free to introduce yourself within this thread!

Al Perez March 31, 2023

Hello to the NYC Atlassian Community!

I have been using Jira and Confluence on and off the last several years and am interested in learning the latest offerings from you all.  My interests in computing started back in high school programming on a Data General One (1979-82).  I have worn many hats in my career: Trading floor support, Network administration, DevOps software Deployment engineer, supported 500+ international video conferencing systems, and for the last few years I am in Cyber Security supporting an international company.

First time really getting back into AUG after the pandemic, so am looking forward to some live events in the area!

Thank you!

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2023

Welcome!

Vando Goncalves (e-Core) May 1, 2023

Hi Everyone! Nice to meet you!

So, I'm Vando, originally from Brazil, but recently relocated to NY (living in Nyack).

I've been working with Atlassian Tools for the last 5 years and what a journey!

My background is in Software Development and I also have a Specialization in Project Management.

Looking forward to meet you all!

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 1, 2024

@Kapil Samadhiya - I'm excited for the next ACE! Hopefully you had a restful holiday 🙌

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events