Reviving the NYC ACE Slack Channel

Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2021

Hello Community Members!

As we see businesses opening up with the hybrid work model here to stay, we recognize the importance of connecting when we aren't in the same physical space.  

With that in mind, we wanted poll the group to see if they'd be interested in reviving our NYC Community Slack Channel.  Our Atlassian Community page will still serve as a place to have front facing discussions and posting articles but we also wanted to provide our great community the opportunity for more personal engagement and private one-on-ones to troubleshoot or swap best practices other members of the our community.

Before we start dusting off our old Slack, we wanted to ask the following questions:

1. Would you find benefit in connecting on Slack?  
  2. What types of topics/discussions would you like to have in the Slack channels?

3 comments

Comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2021

Interesting idea @Andrew Kendris !

I recommend spinning Slack back up as long as there's one or two folks from the ACE team who will check in from time-to-time. I'm part of another ACE Slack workspace, and it's very quiet there. 😅

Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2021

Very good point @Dave Liao 😄 We'd certainly want an active NYC ACE Slack and we'd look to find ways of maintaining meaningful engagement! Certainly open to ideas from the larger community so we can try to best meet everyone's needs.

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2021

I'm happy to join in the Slack workspace - of course, I'd encourage folks to ask their questions first on Community (to benefit the entire community, not just one geo chapter). 😅

Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2021

True! We'll need to define some structure so we can leverage all the knowledge that's been collected across our Global Atlassian Online Community while still being able to offer that more one-on-one engagement with members of our "local" community.  I'll be sure to bring this back to the rest one the NYC ACE leaders so we can brainstorm the best way forward.  

Thank you so much for your input @Dave Liao

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2021

I am interested in joining. Would like to use it to ask others in the community for recommendations/best practices/etc. in using Atlassian products (specifically Confluence and Jira). For example, right now I am looking at the possibility of connecting Confluence to salesforce and would post in a Slack group to see if anyone else has experience with the current connectors.

Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2021

Great idea @Andy Gladstone! This would be a great use of the Slack allowing everyone to share ideas and help get the best out of the platforms we use everyday with our internal teams.

Joe Centineo June 24, 2021

I would be interested in joining if it came back. 

Personally in the midst of planning a cloud migration. Im sure we're not the only one right now given the timeline Atlassian put out, so maybe a migration channel would be beneficial. 

Andrew Kendris
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2021

@Joe Centineo I think you speak for a lot of our members on the journey to Cloud ☁️ When we start looking to structure the channels, I'll raise the "migration-channel" as one we should open up.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events