Long Time Listener, First Time Caller...

Michael Jerista August 30, 2019

Been an attendee at NYC's AUG/ACE meetups since early 2016, so when the leadership of this lively and well organized group asked us to post an introduction in the online extension of that community...how could I say no?

So "Hi there!" My name is Michael Jerista, and if you are reading this, we have probably seen each other around at the happenings. My employer is an international proprietary trading firm that looks and feels a lot like a software company...because in many ways it is.

That is why, about 4 or so years ago, they began to turn their attention to the Atlassian stack. It began with a small team using JIRA for dev tracking and has blossomed into about eleven hundred users across the firm using Jira Software/JSD, Confluence, OpsGenie, and Statuspage.

Along the way they invited me to join as a knowledge worker for Confluence and now my days are full of software administration, advising steercos, technical writing, and helping users get the most out of the tool and related tools. 

Thanks, as ever, to Madhu, Marlon, Dileep, and Kapil for running the group and helping us all do what we do!

2 comments

Comment

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2019

@Michael Jerista And what a terrific intro post it is! Hope to see even more of you, Michael. 😎

Like Michael Jerista likes this
Kapil Samadhiya
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2019

Hi @Michael Jerista , Thanks for such wonderful wordings and introduction. The event groups and events are successful because of members like you. 

Hope to see you in the next event!!

Like Michael Jerista likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events