Any NYC-based businesses using Atlassian tools?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2020

Curious, who's using Trello to power a marketing campaign, or Jira to coordinate their development teams? Mention your company and how you're using Atlassian tools to get things done.

As a tooling nerd, I love it when tools or services I recognize come up in conversation. 😄

3 comments

Comment

Craeg Strong
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 18, 2020

We use trello for our bid and proposal work.   We use stickers to indicate things like how lucrative the contract could be (more dollar signs) or how much work it is (more shovels).  We also use Agency/organization logos so we can quickly identify our target customers.  It is a fun and lightweight approach.   It is also convenient because sales efforts often go back and forth between different phases-- it is not exactly linear.

Like • Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2020

@Craeg Strong - ooh, stickers? Is that a specific power-up, or are these the images that surface up on cards?

Craeg Strong
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 19, 2020

No power up, just the built-in capability.  We started with what came out the box, but ended up finding better images online and importing them.  moneybags instead of $ for revenue, men-at-work sign versus exclamation points for effort, etc.   We keep tweaking it.   Adding company logos was a big win.   Seeing a big FBI logo is so much more powerful than just the words.

Danny Lam November 19, 2020

Yes!  We have been using Atlassian tools in our online health coaching school for the better part of the decade.  

We use Jira server for project management. At first it was used by our tech teams but has expanded with all the various company departments using this.

Also we use Confluence to deadly effect. We have just started transitioning to Cloud!

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 22, 2020

I forgot to contribute too! 😅

My current company has a NYC office, and we use Atlassian tools as part of many of our workflows.

At my last few jobs we've also had access to Atlassian tools - usually Jira and Confluence, sometimes Trello. In cases where tool features overlapped, I've helped educate teams to figure out which are best for the job or size of project.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events