Translate Options in Custom Fields

Hi all, I assume that most of you provide Jira forms in French and English.   I am currently migrating my server to the cloud and notice that there is a limitation translating options for the custom fields.    Atlassian is aware but are not investing any effort at the moment to fix this (See JRACLOUD-40049).

I was wondering if someone has figured out some work around for this?  May be there is an apps that can patch this that I am not aware of?  

Thank you

1 comment

Comment

Eric Lemay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2020

I can definitely understand the need, but I've been fortunate enough to never really end up needing to do this.

The main issue with this kind of functionality is that as it stands, the data structures around indexing and searching for those field values becomes problematic.  Advanced search is unable to leverage translated values (which already exists for Statuses and I believe Components?) This gap which already exists for System fields would still be there and working around this isn't something that would be accessible or possible for a plugin (in the cloud) as far as I know.  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-34878.

Full disclosure, we sell an options translation plugin for Server only, since since Plugins have more endpoints in which to manipulate data on that platform, (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217749/translate-field-options-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview) but unfortunately it presents the same issues I mention in the first paragraph about advanced search, and the cloud api just doesn't offer that level of access to manipulate the data as far as I know (for the time being, things change fast in cloud nowadays).

I realize this is a long way of saying "not really" but it does go to explain why we're not likely to find a way around it in the near future.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events