Migrating JSD customers from cloud to server

Kimi Nakashima January 6, 2020

We currently are using JSD cloud, but we also just started setting up a trial of JSD server. We're aware that all agents have to change their passwords and assume that all customers will have to as well. But while trying to see what differences the customer will see between the cloud and server version with a test customer that I use in our cloud instance I found that it wouldn't let me log in. When I took a look at the difference between the customer in the cloud version and in the server version I saw that in the server the customer has an incomprehensible string of characters for a username, while the cloud doesn't seem to have one at all. Or more likely they do, but it's not accessible. 

The only way I was able to get my test user logged in and able to see the customer portal was to change their username through the Administration settings. There doesn't seem to be a way for the customer to set their username, like a forgot username link. Or is there and we haven't set it up? Also, my test customer didn't have the option to reset their password either. Is that a setting that we need to change somewhere as well?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events