Atlassian Cloud Storage Increased to 250GB

Hi Atlassian Community,

We know that storage is critical to teams' productivity and success on the Cloud. That’s why we’ve increased the storage limit for both Jira Cloud products and Confluence Cloud from 25GB to 250GB, regardless of user tier.

If you have both Confluence and Jira, each has its own 250GB storage limit (note that all Jira family products have a combined storage limit).

Storage is primarily made up of:

• Attachments from Jira products
  • Confluence attachments

If your Atlassian Cloud products exceed the storage limit, your instance will not be suspended, except in extreme circumstances, and we will not remove any data. If you exceed your storage limit by a small amount, and you're storing acceptable types of data, your products will continue to work.

See Atlassian Cloud storage documentation.

7 comments

Comment

Firas Amer December 27, 2018

Increasing the limit from 25GB to 250GB per instance is a great decision, actually it is making me reconsider our current knowledge base solution. Could you please add it to the Confluence product/pricing page? I haven't found this great info anywhere else just in this post. Thanks

Like # people like this
Johan Soetens _Dumblefy_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2019

This is indeed a great decision and deserves way more publicity 🎉

Thanks a lot!

Like Sarah Schuster likes this
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2019

Dang it all... you've just made me re-open my analysis (LOE, migration steps, costs etc) to migrate from server to cloud. 

But it's a good thing. Thanks for the announcement and the change; that was one thing that was blew cloud out of the water. I'll be taking this back to CIO for his thoughts.

Like Sarah Schuster likes this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2019

Thanks for that. 

Just interesting are using the deduplication?

Eric Johnston March 18, 2019

"...and will roll out more options for purchasing additional storage..."  When?  Before I go trying to connect external storage I would like to know what these options will be.  Any updates?

Like Andrew Hinton likes this
Andrew Hinton June 10, 2020

Just to add that @Eric Johnston's question is very important for us.  We are holding back on using Confluence for storing many videos we have as part of our knowledge base for things such as how-to guides, presentations, etc... Very much a big part of what confluence is all about.

Unfortunately, 250 GB is likely to get exhausted pretty quickly so we are forced to store these externally and link to them.  It would be great to know what your plans are to include purchasing options as if the terms are reasonable it gives a very compelling option.

Andrew Hinton June 10, 2020

Scratch that - I've just seen the Premium tier pricing with Unlimited storage.  Seems like the way to go.  Thanks.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events