which issue type does story map use for epic-cards

Evgenii April 29, 2015

which issue type does story map for epic-cards - Agile Epic or Epic ? I have only Agile Epics in my project and it is not shown up in the story map

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2015

than use a jql instead. e.g. 

project=yourProjectKey and type in ("epic Card","Story")

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2015

Hi Evgenii!

All issue types can be linked with an epic if they have the epic_link field, which is part of the standard configuration "Agile Software Development with Scrum".

1. do you use the latest version of story map?
  2. which JIRA and which JIRA Agile version do you use?
  3. please send me your browser log to check if we have any error there:
    therefore use Chrome and press F12 => switch to the console tab and press F5 to refresh the map. Than a log will be printed to the console. You can use the email at our support page for sending. 

Evgenii May 3, 2015

Hi Florian, My story map version is 2.6.0 Jira - v6.4.1 Jira Agile - v6.6.80 will double-check browser logs and let you know

Evgenii May 4, 2015

updated Jira Agile to v6.7.0.0 did not helped. Have sent you the log, it contains TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined at resetFilters (storymap_1.js:519) at processSearchResponse (storymap_1.js:656) at util.js:104 at Object.ServiceManager.request.success (service-manager.js:386) at x.Callbacks.c (jquery.min.js:4) at Object.x.Callbacks.p.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.min.js:4) at k (jquery.min.js:6) at XMLHttpRequest.x.ajaxTransport.send.r (jquery.min.js:6)

0 votes
Evgenii April 30, 2015

"stories by components" option do not work either - the map becomes empty

0 votes
Evgenii April 30, 2015

well, with jql (in my case: project=yourProjectKey and type in ("Agile Epic","Task") )

- Agile Epics and Tasks are visible, but all in single column - no matter that I have some tasks linked to epics and option "linked stories by epic link" is selected.

I do not think grouping should work only for epic+stories?

would be good to have same working for other issue types, like tasks, bugs...

Evgenii April 30, 2015

just double checked that unfortunately "link stories by epics" works only for epic and story issue type.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events