when calling jjupin sil program, time spent is updated to null after plugin DBCF was installed

Hi,

Every time a transition tried to call a sil program, even if the content of the sil is sumary = "test summary" an error is log in history, upon further checking the system tries to set time spent = null, we dont have this script in SIL. where could this action come from?

This only happen when a transition calls a sil, if we comment out all content of SIL, no errors would occur.

I was able to isolate the cause of the issue, error start when Database custom field was installed.

Our Jjupin is 2.6.8 and i installed DBCF 2.6.11, and we cant update jjupin this time.


 

thanks in advance...

3 answers

1 accepted

Solution was to install lower version of Database Custom Field version 2.6.9

 

Hi Eric,

Do you use JIRA Agile? If yes, what version do you use?

Regards,

Raluca Panait

 

Hi Raluca, We have Jira Agile 6.3.12, but this is was disabled recently. As i remember error started to occur when this was enabled. Reagards,

The only situation we have met this issue it was with versions of Jira Agile less than 6.6.60. So, you should upgrade Jira Agile with a version up to 6.6.60. Regards, Raluca

Hi Raluca, Currently Jira Agile is disabled but error still persists, do you think its worth a try to upgrade Agile even if well not use it for now? Regards,

The current issue(available in SIL condition/validator/post function) is not available inside a SIL script called by call routine. This is why you're getting the error, because summary is not defined in the called script.

 

I'd wrap that and create an user defined routine like setSummary() inside that script and instead of calling it, include it. In your code from main script, if you have to set the summary, call the user defined routine.

 

Hope this helps,

Silviu

Hi Silviu, Sorry if my question was confusing, I did not use a CALL routine for this, the SIL is executed as post function from a workflow. The content of the SIL is executed just fine the customfield are updated correctly, but somehow the timespent field is also updated with null value which cause the error. If I comment-out the SIL or remove it from the post-function th error "timespent = null" would never occur. It seems that everytime a SIL is executed by a workflow post-function a command "timespent = null" is also executed. I was able to confirm this in CHANGEITEM table null was set as new value of timespent. Regards,

Does the time spent field require a value when you transition an issue?

we dont actually use this field for this project. so we dont know where did the command to change the value to null comes from.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Three tips for boosting your board's efficiency with Story Maps

Trello is one of the most effective tools for driving your sprints. It's customizable for every Agile team and product owners and Scrum masters (SM) love it. However, Agile teams often struggle with:...

825 views 2 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you