using git version control with on demand instance

I want to use git version control viewer with my JIRA ondemand instance

5 answers

I too would like to connect my private git repo to my on-demand Jira instance. We're currently posting git commit metadata as a comment via a hook but this is not ideal as it makes the discussion hard to folllow. At the very least, it would be nice to open up the API used by the DVCS connector to allow posting of commits via a hook.

Hi, the only way to use Git with OnDemand is to use Bitbucket. If you want your own private Git repo you will need the either hosted your own instance or get it externally hosted.

Is there a way for us to add it to our on demand instance for trial period and if we want to go for it we can plan to host an instance

As said by Razaq, you can use Bitbucket or Github. If you need a private Git instance you need to use something other than OnDemand. If you are looking for JIRA hosting we @ Query Foundry would be able to provide a quote.

Hi Mona,

We have annouced recently the new feature to connect bitbucket <-> OnDemand integration. Please take a look on this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Getting+started+with+Bitbucket+and+OnDemand

Or you can use the JIRA DVCS Connector to connect your BitBucket repository or GitHub repo with your JIRA instance.

Hope that helps.

Hi Mona - Adam here (I help support the Git Version Control Viewer). Right now our plugin isn't supported for JIRA ondemand. Atlassian has said that they will make it possible in the future for our plugin to work on JIRA OnDemand. We will post here when it becomes possible.

Cheers!

Mona - we now offer JIRA Cloud support for the Git Integration for JIRA add-on: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.xiplink.jira.git.jira_git_plugin/cloud/overview

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 31, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: Zephyr

Hello Atlassian Community! Each month, we run a series of Spotlights to highlight Marketplace vendors and apps that our team thinks this Community would find valuable. In last month's Spotlig...

342 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you