tomcat undeploy fails if application is not deployed already

Stephen Newman December 17, 2012

I am trialling bamboo, have installed the example application and have tried deploying the angry nerdz application to a tomcat instance.

I figure I need 2 tasks, the first to undeploy angry nerdz , the second to deploy, because deploy by itself fails if angry nerdz is already deployed.

This is all good except however undeploy fails if angry nerdz isn't deployed, which is as expected, but then the build stops.

Is there anyway to circumvent this?

4 answers

0 votes
Michael Benz May 6, 2020

We typically just copy the application directly into the webapps folder to deploy and delete the file to undeploy. But since I started using the Deploy Task more I thought also the Undeploy would come in handy ... just before I saw this ;-)

0 votes
Antonio Anzivino January 21, 2016

I upvote this because I am starting to get more and more annoyed by this behaviour. One workaround could be making the "deploy" task a final task (it will be executed not matter the build result), but indeed Bamboo should allow a single task to be "optional", e.g. if fails does not affect entire build

0 votes
Séb P.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 18, 2013

Same issue... could you fix it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events