to adapt TOC without using TOC-Page in template

Deleted user February 26, 2014

Hello everybody,

I am new here and I have a question about Toc-tag. I have already read everything here but I have not found the answer for my question.

So, I have a TOC in Confluence page for a content: {toc:class=tableOfContent|outline=true}. It is very good and I can change color and other things for TOC in Confluence. Now I want to export my page to pdf with scroll-exporter. I don't want to have extra TOC-page in my Template. I would like to export everything as Content and adapt for example title, toc and other things in Content Formating. But it does not work with toc-tag if I don't declare $toc in the template. I cannot change for example color, font size. It works only wenn I have $toc in my template. Is it possible to formate toc from confluence without using toc-page and without declaring $toc in a template?

Table of Content looks like:

But I need this one without using $toc in template but simple using classes and tags from Confluence:

Is it possible or not? I need your help and I would be very thankful if You can help me.

Best regards,

Zoriana

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2014

Hi Zoriana,

thanks for contacting us directly via support@k15t.com.

I've just answered your question in our support ticket, so I hope now everything is clear.

Let us know in your support ticket if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Nils

0 votes
Deleted user February 27, 2014

Hello Tobias,

thank U very much for your answer. It has helped me a lot. But now I have the other question. I will try to write it here and if I don t get an answer I will write support. I should do for my company ONE default template for different confluence-pages. All these pages have different images, different titles and document types. Titles and document types I have done dynamically. But I don t know how can I say in my template, that I need on the first page the image from this confluence-page (without using url in a pdf-template), then table of content and then the rest of the content. Images, table of content and the text are on the same confluence-page.

1. I have created one template. It does not have Titlepage, TOC-Page, it has only Content-Page in a pdf-template. It looks good but TOC looks like mentioned above. If I place $toc "before Content", table of Content stays before the image (on the first page), if I place it "after Content", table of Content is on the end. But I need it in the middle, on this place where I have toc-macro. Can I place $toc instead of {toc}-macro (overwrite)?

2. If N1. is not possible. I have already mentioned I need ONE default tempate for different confluence-pages. Is it possible to place an image from a confluence-page on the tittle-page while exporting to pdf without using url in a template(may be with css or may be I can make the sections in confluence-page and in template write what section should be placed on the title page, on toc and so on), without including this image exstra in a template? I have already tried with metadata-macro. But it seems to work only with the text because I see only the text of the metadata but not the image. Is there any macro, that can change dynamically the image depanding on the confluence-image I export to pdf? Images should not be extra include as source in a pdf-template.

Thank U very much and I hope U help me this time too,

Best regards,

Zoriana

0 votes
Tobias Anstett _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2014

Hi Zoriana,

the Confluence {toc} macro is not related to the Scroll PDF Exporter $toc variable. While the first one is just a macro which lists the headings of a page, the $toc processes the whole PDF document structure.

As the {toc} macro is treated with the semantic of a simple list with some links there is no styling information available.

Usually I always export using a template with $toc (must not be on a separate page) styled using CSS. Furthermore I uncheck "Output toc macors" option as described in the bottom of the page: http://www.k15t.com/display/PDF/Exporting+to+PDF because they are not longer relevant for my PDF output.

Hope this helps. If not please raise a feature request at support@k15t.com

Cheers,
Tobias

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events