time in jira not corresponding to toggle entries

Martin Beukman January 9, 2014

Right now we are evaluating the joggle toggle plugin for Jira Download edition.

When testing time tracking through the toggle desktop app for linux i notice my time entries that get synced back to Jira are off (one hour)

For example the time entry in Toggle is

7:55-9:07 in Jira it says 6:55

My settings in Jira, in Toggle and local time are all GMT+1 (Amsterdam/The Netherlands)

Also to me it would seem more logical if the task end time was recorded in Jira instead of the start time

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Beukman January 26, 2014

never got this working, but closing it because of moving to another solution

0 votes
Roy Hodges August 25, 2014

Toggle is correct, issues comments, create date, update date and all are correct in JIRA too. Burndown charts are all offset by what looks like the difference to GMT. Server time zone is set to LA, server time was set to LA. Jira was not setup with any JVM timezone setting.

I then set the Jira JVM setting for timezone in setenv.sh to GMT and it seems to have fixed it. This leaves the server at LA time, server time zone at LA time zone and the JVM at GMT. Yes, I could set the entire server up in GMT, but that's not doable right now for other reasons.

So there may be some code in the integration that's not converting times like JIRA does under the hood.

setenv.sh

JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="-Duser.timezone=GMT"

0 votes
Roy Hodges August 21, 2014

We are seeing similar issues, can we reopen this issue?

Deleted user August 21, 2014

Hi Roy

Is the time also off by one when you track your time with the Toggl Webinterface?

It sounds like this is a bug in toggle desktop app for linux.

Benno

0 votes
Deleted user January 9, 2014

Hi Martin

Is the time also off by one when you track your time with the Toggl Webinterface?

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean with task end time vs. end time.

Regards

Benno

Hi Benno,

No when traking via the webinterface it is correct! I meant start time vs. end time

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2014

Hi Martin,

Could it be something to do with a day light saving time configuration?

Just wondering.

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

I don't think so there is no setting in Jira for that? You comment did however did me a different idea. Although the settings in the database are correct maybe the settings for the JVM are not correct, I guess toggle talks to Jira through the API, maybe this uses the JVM setting?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Setting+Timezone+in+JIRA

Mmm.. checked the server timezone setting and they are correct:

Current default time zone: 'Europe/Amsterdam'

Local time is now: Fri Jan 10 11:51:24 CET 2014.

Universal Time is now: Fri Jan 10 10:51:24 UTC 2014.

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2014

Could you be experiencing something like this :

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7026182/how-to-set-java-timezone

More info can be found here :

http://minaret.biz/tips/timezone.html

Best regards,

Peter

Ok i've set

JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="-Duser.timezone=Europe/Amsterdam"

in bin/setenv.sh but cannot do a restart right now so will let you know what the outcome is
Martin Beukman January 15, 2014

A restart did not solve the problem, also at startup Jira mentions the timezone and it is correct so I am still stumped and what could cause the problem

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events