subversion-plus - Table "MERGES" not found

kgbvax January 14, 2014

When adding a repo, I see this WARNING in the log:

/secure/AddSubversionRepository.jspa [kintosoft.svnwebclient.indexing.SVNLogEntryHandlerImpl] Table "MERGES" not found; SQL statement:insert into MERGES (TO_REVISION,TO_ITEMID,FROM_REVISION, FROM_ITEMID, REPOID, SUBTRACTIVE) VALUES(?,?,?,?,?,?)

JIRA 6.0.8 and Subversion ALM 5.4.2

UPDATE: Message repeasts when plugin tries to access SVN. Plugin also never scans the repos.
The problem does not occur with 5.4.0.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2014

Fixed in the 5.4.3 version

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2014

Fixed my issue as well!

0 votes
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2014

I was working on an experimental feature to support Subversion merging: sadly, I was doing this in the trunk :(, Then I rolled it back to the wrong revision number in order to fix a bug in the trunk. As result, some experimental code was released in the 5.4.1 version.

What does this code do? When a merge is detetected all the merged paths are stored into a new table (MERGES) in the database. This new table is created for new instances only (5.4.1) and not for existing datababase schemas. In your case, you was working with the 5.4.0 version, thus the schema database was already created. Hence, if you installed the 5.4.1 version at some time (?), the experimental code tries to insert the merged paths in the missing table and the indexing process fails and stops. Fortunatelly, this happened inside a database transaction. Next times the indexing process started and it tried to get next pending commits (with merge info), so it failed and stopped scanning in a loop. This is the reason becuase you saw the indexing process did not upgrade and the warning in the logs.

The 5.4.2 version, simply removes the experimental code, so the indexing process does not fecth the merge info and everything should work as usual and continue to scan the repositories since the latest cached revision.

Anything else had not much sense...

0 votes
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2014

This is a bug introduced in the 5.4.1 version and fixed in the 5.4.2 version. Other customers have confirmed that the 5.4.2 version resolves this problem. So, my guess is that your add-on has not properly upgraded. Please try by:

1. re-starting the add-on.

2. re-installing the add-on

or

3. re-starting JIRA.

kgbvax January 14, 2014

Thank you for your answer. This is quite strange as I installed subversion alm for the very first time, 5.4.1 was never on the system. I will double check with the reinstall as you suggested.

Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2014

Opps, another customer has reported the same issue!! An he also claims never installed the 5.4.1 version. I'm going to look at the binaries of the 5.4.2 version on the Markeplace and I'll come back later...

Tom Rager January 15, 2014

Hi,

we are facing the same problem and have installed the plugin for the first time just yesterday (5.4.2).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events