sql-queries with parameters

Tom Säll December 2, 2015

Hi, i am trying to find out a way to enter a name in a text box and then execute a sqlquery based on that. you have some examples for example:

SELECT Name, GovernmentForm, Region, HeadOfState 

FROM Country 
WHERE Continent = :continent
but how can i add a textbox for :contient in confluence? 

2 answers

0 votes
Tom Säll December 21, 2015

Thanks. i tried that and it seems to be working. Can "Use change params template" be used when your're not signed in to confluence? works when im logged in when im not i just got a loading icon. 

0 votes
Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2015

Hi Tom,

You can automatically embed a text box for your parameter in your Confluence page so users can change the value on-the-fly. Simply check both parameters "Enable dynamic parameters" and "Use change params template". Also, the "Dynamic Load" (PocketQuery >= 2.0) might then be interesting for you. You can find all this in our documentation.

Please note however that users will be able to input anything into this text box. If you want a more regulated input (e.g. a select box), you'll have to program a more advanced PocketQuery template.

Regards, Felix (Scandio)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events