scriptrunner workLogged function does not consider the start value of a worklog entry

Georg Karpala March 9, 2015

Hi,

is this a bug or feature ?

A worklog entry seems to have 2 dates, the (i call it that way) "worklog entry creation date" and the "worklog entry start date".

worklog entry creation date:

The date the entry has been physically created.

worklog entry start date:

The date the entry has been told to start (in the creation gui).

The scriptrunner function "workLogged" seems only to check against the "worklog entry creation date" which is wrong useless.

We have the usecase to find worklog entries for a specified date and not their physical creation date (which is by the way not visible to the user, except for as a history entry).

Can someone clarify the workLogged function is/was intended for ?

Can someone clarify if looking for the "worklog entry start date" is some how possible with script runner ?

3 answers

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2015

This was actually fixed in 2013... the start date of the work log is indexed, not the creation time. It would have been released in 2.1.16.

If anyone can still reproduce this (I can't), please reopen https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV-437.

Note that if you're upgrading to a version greater than 2.0.16, you will need to do a full reindex for the correct results to be returned.

0 votes
Georg Karpala March 10, 2015

Yes, thats the same problem. I bet this happened because it works with comments. Unfortunately for work log entries this is not that easy.
From the user point of view the creation date is completely unimportant (and not visible). Therefore this implementation should be considered as a bug.

0 votes
Holger Lehmann [catworkx GmbH] March 10, 2015

It occurs to me that Jamie already has a related ticket open here:

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV-437

I have mentioned this question in the abov ticket.

You might want to vote for the above ticket and leave a comment yourself.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events