scriptrunner workLogged function does not consider the start value of a worklog entry

Hi,

is this a bug or feature ?

A worklog entry seems to have 2 dates, the (i call it that way) "worklog entry creation date" and the "worklog entry start date".

worklog entry creation date:

The date the entry has been physically created.

worklog entry start date:

The date the entry has been told to start (in the creation gui).

The scriptrunner function "workLogged" seems only to check against the "worklog entry creation date" which is wrong useless.

We have the usecase to find worklog entries for a specified date and not their physical creation date (which is by the way not visible to the user, except for as a history entry).

Can someone clarify the workLogged function is/was intended for ?

Can someone clarify if looking for the "worklog entry start date" is some how possible with script runner ?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

It occurs to me that Jamie already has a related ticket open here:

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV-437

I have mentioned this question in the abov ticket.

You might want to vote for the above ticket and leave a comment yourself.

Yes, thats the same problem. I bet this happened because it works with comments. Unfortunately for work log entries this is not that easy.
From the user point of view the creation date is completely unimportant (and not visible). Therefore this implementation should be considered as a bug.

This was actually fixed in 2013... the start date of the work log is indexed, not the creation time. It would have been released in 2.1.16.

If anyone can still reproduce this (I can't), please reopen https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV-437.

Note that if you're upgrading to a version greater than 2.0.16, you will need to do a full reindex for the correct results to be returned.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

511 views 3 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you