scriptrunner scripted field cache not updated

eric brunel April 24, 2017

i created a scripted field with scriptrunner which retrieves information from linked issues.

At first, it works fine, the preview is ok, but as soon as issue is updated, the result displayed in a search result becomes randomly updated. If i refresh the page, i sometimes obtain the expected result, but, sometimes, i have the old result.

I also retrieve not updated result through the JIRA rest API.

I made two full indexes refresh and the behaviour is still the same. There is obviously a cache issue but i do not know how to force refresh.

I also tried the script provided by altavist to reindex all issues containing scripted field but no effect.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2017

You can try disabling the cache by adding the following line to the start of your script:

enableCache = {-> false}

Reindex and try the search again. Although this won't help with the search.

Please see here for more details on the scripted fields cache. It's quite complicated when you are accessing data outside of the current issue or linked issues.

In our documentation we say:

"However, when you are doing a full, stop-the-world reindex, the query results are not necessarily going to be correct, as they may depend on querying on issues that have not yet been indexed."

I think this is the problem you are facing and unfortunately is the way JIRA works.

eric brunel April 26, 2017

thank you for your answer,

I finally restarted the service and it resolved the problem. Maybe a periodic restart is a workaround.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events