scriptrunner post function nfeed display value not read

JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2017

Hi,

I want to update/overwrite the issue summary based on display values of a nfeed custom field in a post function after creating the issue from JSD. I try:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager
import com.atlassian.jira.event.type.EventDispatchOption

Object plugin = ComponentAccessor.getPluginAccessor().getPlugin("com.valiantys.jira.plugins.SQLFeed")
Class serviceClass = plugin.getClassLoader().loadClass("com.valiantys.nfeed.api.IFieldDisplayService")
Object fieldDisplayService = ComponentAccessor.getOSGiComponentInstanceOfType(serviceClass)

def issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager()
def mutableIssue = issueManager.getIssueObject(issue.id)
def currentUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()

String displayValue = ""
Object displayResult = fieldDisplayService.getDisplayResultOverrideSecurity(issue.id, "customfield_11000")
if (displayResult != null) {
    if (!displayResult.hasError()) {
        if (displayResult.getDisplay() != null) {
            displayValue = displayResult.getDisplay()
        }
    } else {
       displayValue = displayResult.getError()
    }
}

String res = issue.getSummary() + " - " + displayValue
mutableIssue.setSummary(res.substring(0,254))
issueManager.updateIssue(currentUser, mutableIssue, EventDispatchOption.ISSUE_UPDATED, false)

Unfortunatly, there seems to be an error when retrieving the displayResult as the summary is set as:

Pricing OE - Errors: {} Error Messages: [The SQL request was either invalid or rejected by the remote database : [SQL0206] ....

The post function is called after the create issue post function. What am I doing wrong & is there a way to track the generated SQL when accessing the external database?

1 answer

0 votes
Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2017

You can read nFeed custom field values in ScriptRunner. I created a nFeed field and was able to display the value using almost the exact code as you.

I am not familiar with nFeeds at all, but the error you're getting just seems like something is wrong with the nFeed field itself, as in the values it's trying to get through the configuration you set up is invalid. Can you see the correct information presented in the nFeed custom field on the view screen (or wherever it is)?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events