scripted field - update display with inline edit

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 29, 2013

Hi,

I got a scripted field which is calculated from the selection of 3 other custom fields in an issue.
The calculation works fine.

The only issue I encounter is that when we use inline editing, and we change one of the 3 custom fields,
the display of the scripted field is not always being updated (it is recalculated). Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Refreshing the browser, updates the display of the field correctly

I'm wondering how this comes - and what we can do to make it update all the time.

1 answer

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2013

Hi Francis... I think this is https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV-219

There's a thread local cache to avoid running the code that gets the value too often, however sometimes it doesn't recalculate it when you want it to. The problem is without this the code would be run 8 times in just viewing an issue.

What I want is for it to recalculate the value only when the issue is being reindexed but can't find a nice way of doing that.

Come to think of it though, I don't see how it can ever work after an inline edit, that updates one and only one field. If the calculated field is updated, it still won't show on the issue until you refresh it.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2013

Interesting, what jira version is that? I will try to reproduce. I have an idea of how to blow the cache on updates.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events