scripted field - update display with inline edit

Hi,

I got a scripted field which is calculated from the selection of 3 other custom fields in an issue.
The calculation works fine.

The only issue I encounter is that when we use inline editing, and we change one of the 3 custom fields,
the display of the scripted field is not always being updated (it is recalculated). Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Refreshing the browser, updates the display of the field correctly

I'm wondering how this comes - and what we can do to make it update all the time.

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Francis... I think this is https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV-219

There's a thread local cache to avoid running the code that gets the value too often, however sometimes it doesn't recalculate it when you want it to. The problem is without this the code would be run 8 times in just viewing an issue.

What I want is for it to recalculate the value only when the issue is being reindexed but can't find a nice way of doing that.

Come to think of it though, I don't see how it can ever work after an inline edit, that updates one and only one field. If the calculated field is updated, it still won't show on the issue until you refresh it.

Interesting, what jira version is that? I will try to reproduce. I have an idea of how to blow the cache on updates.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 31, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: Zephyr

Hello Atlassian Community! Each month, we run a series of Spotlights to highlight Marketplace vendors and apps that our team thinks this Community would find valuable. In last month's Spotlig...

320 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you