retaining SQL in search for different Structures

Mark Scarantino February 4, 2014

we have thre or more projects in Jira. Each of these projects have a Structure associated with them. The initial SQL statement for each is project = "Project name" and gets us the proper cards.

If I change to another project structure, the prevoius project SQL search stays and does not reflect the new project.

How can I force each independent structure to retain its proper SQL search statemetn?

2 answers

1 vote
Mark Scarantino February 6, 2014

That seems like a valid process.

I believe many would percieve the ability to retain or store the search bar query at the Defined Structure Level to be an enhancement that should be looked into. It would work like Frank Polschiet's Gantt Chart Add on does.

As it stands today, if a Business Exec was reviewing the project and clicked on the Defined Structure for the project, they could be confused when another projects data is displayed.

Just an opinion.

For example, we will have 10-15 projects active at one time, each with it's own structure defined. As a Lead with multiple project leads, i have the need to coordinate all of these projects and have to manually switch the search criteria each time.

Perhaps something to think about or put to a vote.

Even with the above comments, we have found this to be an extremely valuable tool to complete our projects.

Thanks.

Robert Leitch [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2014

Thanks for the feedback Mark, it's always appreciated!

For feature requests we have a UserVoice forum for Structure and our public JIRA where your ideas are always welcome. We are already looking into what seems to be a very similar suggestion to this one on our UserVoice forum that you can vote on.

1 vote
Robert Leitch [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2014

Hi Mark,

In Structure 2.6 we introduced Shared Perspectives, a feature that allows you to create a link to a specific structure with its UI 'frozen' in the state it was in when the link was created.

It also keeps the search bar and search query frozen, with the difference that the search state will not persist to other structures that you open after viewing a perspective.

Perspective links can be shared or used as bookmarks - in your case you could create a perspective of each of your structures and bookmark the links for easy access.

Hope that helps,

Robert

Mark Scarantino February 10, 2014

That seems like a valid process.

I believe many would percieve the ability to retain or store the search bar query at the Defined Structure Level to be an enhancement that should be looked into. It would work like Frank Polschiet's Gantt Chart Add on does.

As it stands today, if a Business Exec was reviewing the project and clicked on the Defined Structure for the project, they could be confused when another projects data is displayed.

Just an opinion.

For example, we will have 10-15 projects active at one time, each with it's own structure defined. As a Lead with multiple project leads, i have the need to coordinate all of these projects and have to manually switch the search criteria each time.

Perhaps something to think about or put to a vote.

Even with the above comments, we have found this to be an extremely valuable tool to complete our projects.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events