restrict selectable issues in Log Work

Michael Fugl August 29, 2013

We have a large number of unassigned backlog issues entered for future sprints. They all have status=to do. How can i restrict Tempo timesheet users to see only the In Progress or Closed ones from the Work Log? Curently the list of issues is too long to find the relevant items quickly.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2013

Hi Michael,

This is not within the scope of Tempo so I suggest that you contact Atlassian and request this https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA. So far it is not possible to limit the access to issues depending on their status.

Best regards

Susanne Götz (Tempo)

Michael Fugl September 16, 2013

Thanks for your response Susanne, it doesn't help me today though. Perhaps you would be willing to review my workaround options:

It looks like we have three options in the short term

a) Advise users to watch the issues they are going to log time to and use the Watched view in Log Work

b) Create and share some Issue Filters and advise users to use Filter option in Log Work

c) Advise users to use the 2 week view when entering weekly timesheets so that the issues they worked on last week are already there for the current week, then they only have to find new issues.

It would be nice to be able to restrict the view of Issues by Status on the Log Work screen, surely this is a Tempo function. It is your screen isn't it?

Thanks

Mike

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2013

I think your first workaround is probably the most effective for each individual user. He will only get the issues he is interested in. But probably each of them is useful for some of your users. Glad you could find these workarounds.

Regards, Susanne

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events