regex validator does not display an error message to the customer

Dina Goncharenko December 14, 2016

Hello, 

I have installed the 'AM Utils' plugin. I have added two Custom fields. One is a text field, and another one is "Regex Based Custom Field'. I have modified the workflow and added a 'Regex Validator' to the 'Create' Transition. I have configured the validator for both custom fields with a regex expression and an error message. 

When a customer submits a ticket via JSD with an incorrect format for the custom field, the transition still moves from 'Create' to 'TODO'. The customer does not get an error message and the ticket gets submitted. 

In the queue, the ticket shows "ERROR Does not pass regular expression validation" next to the "Regex Based Custom Field". It does not show anything for the text custom field.

I was hoping that

1. the validator will prevent the user from submitting a ticket if the format of the field does not pass regular expression.
  2. User will see the error message which I have configured while configuring the validator.

Is this not the expected behaviour or am I doing something wrong? Is the 'Regex Validator' suppose to work with the JSD's customer portal? 

Thank you so much!

Dina

1 answer

0 votes
Dina Goncharenko December 15, 2016

This is not relevant anymore as I am going with a different solution - https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/45385320

Thanks!

Dina

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events