re-scheduling feature not triggered

dword October 30, 2012

Hi all,

I have the re-scheduling option activated but my tickets are not displayed on the gantt chart. Investigating I have found some evidence of why it may not be working.

In my workflow, tickets are *not* estimated when they are created. I've added a specific step for that called "analyzed" where is set the planned start date and the worload estimate.

The thing is that planned start/end are filled when creating the ticket so when comes the time to estimate, those date are already calculated (issue log):

Field	Original Value	New Value
Planned Start		 2012-10-31 (initialized without having effort estimation)
Planned End		 2012-10-31 (initialized without having effort estimation)

When the estimation is done the end date is not updated acordingly (issue log):

Status	 Open [ 1 ]	 Analyzed [ 10000 ]
Original Estimate		 13.5d [ 388800 ]
Remaining Estimate		 13.5d [ 388800 ]
Planned Start	 31/10/2012	 05/11/2012

So it seams that I'm stuck here. The only solution I've found is deleting the end date and for the Gantt Chart plugin to re-calculate the missing end date (issue log):

Planned End		 2012-12-04 (generated: based on start date + estimation * velocity)

Do you have any sugestion on how to fix this? Thank you for your help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
dword November 13, 2012

Ok, with Frank support we managed to have it working with the latest plugin version.

My main main problem is because the estimate is not done when creating the ticket, but only in a specific transition from a custom screen.

To solve this I used the new Gantt-Chart: unset Planning Dates (rollback as if it is not being set) post-function on my transition.

That way, when comes the time to enter the estimated worload the automaticaly calculated start/end dates are delete, and a re-scedule event is fired.

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2012

Hi dword,

in your special case, I suggest to put in an additional workflow post-function for your "analyse"-step/workflow transition, which will delete the content of the customfield "planned end date". This post-function has to be ordered as the first one, which will be executed, so that the Gantt-Listener detects no planned end date and calculates it, later/afterwards. Such post-function is not part of JIRA's native set of function, but have a look at the free available addons.

Regards,
Frank

dword November 4, 2012

Hi Frank,

I've tried that, but it does not work either:

Planned  End	 05/11/2012	
Status	         Open [ 1 ]	 Analyzed [ 10000 ]
Original Estimate		 8d [ 230400 ]
Remaining Estimate		 8d [ 230400 ]
Planned Start	 05/11/2012	 12/11/2012

You see that the planned end date is cleared, but is not calculated afterward. My post functions for analyze look like this:

The field Planned End will be purged.
— THEN
Set issue status to the linked status of the destination workflow step.
— THEN
Add a comment to an issue if one is entered during a transition.
— THEN
Update change history for an issue and store the issue in the database.
— THEN
Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database.
— THEN
Fire a Evénement générique event that can be processed by the listeners.

Have I missed something? Thank you for your support.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events