rate-search macro showing extra results?

Daniel Forbess August 6, 2012

We've implimented the {rate} macro on a number of pages of our space, and wanted to see a single rollup of the ratings on all those pages. Enter the {rate-search} macro - a single line of markup code and we can get a table of all this information (fantastic!). However, we've noticed a couple quirks in the {rate-search} macro behavior that I'd like help troubleshooting:

1) (Issue?) The {rate-search} table lists ALL pages in the space, not just the ones with the {rate} macro on them. I would expect pages without the macro not to be listed at all.

2) (Issue?) The {rate-search} table lists pages that have been since deleted from the space (well, at least moved into the trash can). I would expect deleted pages to be removed from the table.

Environment:
Platform = v3.5.13
rate plugin = v3.1

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2013

Dan, I know this question was asked a long time ago, but I'll add a little info since I'm playing with it now... The ratings history is stored in the BANDANA table, which is largely ignored by Confluence when doing operations such as deleting a page. As a result, if you delete a page in Confluence, the "historical" rating data sticks around. You'd have to remove this stuff manually to get rid of old data such as the ratings on those deleted pages.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events