"Value field" condition not working for two "not equal" conditions

Peter April 28, 2016

We have a workflow set up which, at a certain point, diverges into one of two paths based on the values selected in two single select list fields.  For simplicity, I'll lay it out as follows:

Transition 1

Field A = Value X

Field B = Value Y

Transition 2

Field A != Value X

Field B != Value Y

The conditions for both transitions are set to "all of the following conditions."

The problem is that it doesn't seem to aggregate the two negative conditions properly for transition 2.  If either one of the values matches the != condition, the transition is no longer available. But they should BOTH have to be equal to those specific values before the condition kicks in and hides the transition.

I've tried configuring it to reference the values by name (string) and by ID, but get the same result regardless.

I'm guessing this is a bug?  But I couldn't find any way to contact support about the add-on, so hoping to find some assistance here.

1 answer

0 votes
Peter May 4, 2016

In case this helps anyone else, it seems to work if we use an "or" condition rather than an "and" condition (so, setting it to "any of the following conditions").  I still believe the logic is implemented opposite of what it should be, but this seems to work.

Bryan Harte September 30, 2016

Hi Peter. I am having the same issue but am very new to coding in this environment, do you still have the code available that you used to achieve this please?

Peter September 30, 2016

I didn't use code at all - just reversed from "and" to "or" in how the conditions are evaluated on that transition, as described above.

Bryan Harte September 30, 2016

Thanks Peter. I think I have a different, although very similar issue. I'm trying to suppress an email being sent based on the below, but there's something wrong with he code meaning the email gets sent even though there is no value in the field (well, there is, it's the standard "None" JIRA value which usually gets picked up by null).

cfValues['Retail Support'] != null

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events