"Macro usage stats plugin" plugin missing from URL

Vinh Trac April 21, 2013

The URL to download "Macro usage stats plugin" is missing.

I could not download the plugin.

Thanks

2 answers

2 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2013

Hi Vinh,

I just checked the Comalatech website, (they are the developers of the Macros Usage Stats plugin), but I couldn't find a direct download link to it there either so it could be that they have deprecated it because I know it only worked upto Confluence v3.something anyway.

However, you might find the following blog post useful for searching for macros in Confluence v4.x and above: http://ffeathers.wordpress.com/2011/11/04/how-to-search-confluence-for-usage-of-a-macro/

If you are using Confluence v3.x then the query below should work for you:

Select CONTENT.CONTENTID, Title, SpaceID, CREATOR, LASTMODDATE
from CONTENT, BODYCONTENT
WHERE
PREVVER IS NULL
AND (CONTENTTYPE = 'PAGE' OR CONTENTTYPE = 'BLOGPOST') 
AND CONTENT.CONTENTID = BODYCONTENT.CONTENTID 
AND CONTENT_STATUS = 'current'
AND (BODY like '%{macro%')

And if you are using v4.x and later, but would rather use SQL than search through the interface you can use the following query:

Select CONTENTID, Title, SpaceID, CREATOR, LASTMODDATE
from CONTENT, BODYCONTENT
WHERE
PREVVER IS NULL
AND (CONTENTTYPE = 'PAGE' OR CONTENTTYPE = 'BLOGPOST') 
AND CONTENT.CONTENTID = BODYCONTENT.CONTENTID 
AND CONTENT_STATUS = 'current'
AND (BODY like '%<ac:macro ac:name="MACRO">%')

I hope that helps to workaround the missing plugin for you and gives you other options for finding the macro usage in your instance no matter what version you are running.

All the best,
John

1 vote
Keith Champoux August 1, 2013

Although the Marketplace URL of http://www2.comalatech.com/confluence/plugins/jars/macrostats-1.0.4.jar failed to connect, I simply changed the "www2" to "www" in the URL, and then it worked :)

Johannes Rudolf August 19, 2015

Fantastic, it still works and even seems to be compatible to Confluence 5.7.5! However, thanks a lot mate!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events