"IllegalArgumentException: Passed List had more than one value." when attempting to edit an Agile Bo

Andrew Thorne April 23, 2018

Good morning,

We have a scrum board with the following filter:

(issueFunction in issuesInEpics("filter = 'All BABI EPIC'") OR project = "ICT BABI" OR team = "Proj - BABI" OR filter = "All BABI EPIC") AND issuetype != Sub-task AND NOT (status = Closed AND status changed to Closed before startOfYear() ) AND category not in ("99. Closed Projects", "99. Hidden/Archived Projects") ORDER BY Rank

The filter All BABI EPIC has the folloing JQL:

issuetype = Epic AND team = "Team BABI" ORDER BY Rank

This used to work fine. But now, when we click on the Easy Agile User story map icon, we get the message:

500 - Passed List had more than one value.

I have searched for this problem on the internet and the general idea was that there was a duplicate filter name. I have followed the instructions and neither the name of the original filter or the All BABI EPIC filter appear on the list. What's more the user story map still works for other scrum boards.

I have been in touch with the people from Easy Agile, who think this is a more general JIRA problem, hence why I am writing to you now.

I have even tried replacing the filter = "All BABI EPIC" with the issuetype = Epic AND team = "Team BABI" but I am still getting the error.

Does anybody have any idea what is causing this as I am not convinced it is a duplicate filter name?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

1 answer

0 votes
Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2018

Hi @Andrew Thorne,

While the error message indicates that there are multiple filters of the same name it may be that they are shared with no one but the owner.

You can confirm if that is the case by running the query directly in the Jira Issue Navigator.

As for the query itself, it may be possible to simplify the query as such:

team = "Team BABI” --> as you do a query for issues under epics, and the epics too
OR project = "ICT BABI" --> keep this
OR team = "Proj - BABI" --> keep this
AND issuetype != Sub-task --> not necessary for the story map as they will not be shown regardless
AND status != Closed --> simplified this, covers both cases
AND category not in ("99. Closed Projects", "99. Hidden/Archived Projects") --> keep this
ORDER BY Rank

Thanks Andrew, hope that helps.

Regards,
Nick Muldoon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events