"Display options" not available when Search yields 0 or 1 result.

Paul Buckle July 9, 2013

The consolidation of both macros into one in version 5 of is great. However, "Display options" is greyed out if the Search yields either no results, or just one. This means I cannot set the display to "Total issue count" (as I require) in such scenarios, when defining the macro. (I'm using Confluence 5.1.4 and JIRA 6.0.3, with an Application Link that enables JIRA to trust Confluence. )

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Buckle July 22, 2013

Having raised this as a support call, Atlassian have confirmed it is a bug in version 5.0 - they will progress it under https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/CONFJIRA-259. I have reverted to version 4.0.29 in the meantime.

0 votes
Erik Hess September 10, 2013

a convoluted way of working around this... create 2 issues that you move to fit your query, set your macro, and move them back out ( and keep them for the next time you need it).

Filter results isn't ideal, because I only want the total number of issues as well.

what a pain. I use OnDemand, so I have no other great options.

0 votes
Sascha Mareth August 18, 2013

Is working now -> Thank you very much!

0 votes
Sascha Mareth August 18, 2013

Dear Paul.

We encountered the same issue and as your link is (at least for me) invalid I'd like to ask if you got any information about this.

We haven't upgraded to Confluence 5.2.x (which would use the PluginVersion 5.0.2) and the for us newest valid 5.0 version still seems to have this behaviour.

This is for us a (minor) "Pluginupgradeshowstopper".

Kind regards

Sascha

Paul Buckle August 18, 2013

Hi Sarah

I mistakenly had the fullstop on the end as part of the link. I've now corrected this and you can access it to view the current state of the issue.

Regards.

Paul

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2013

Paul,

Have you tried adding the jira dashboard gadgets to your confluence pages as explained here : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Adding+JIRA+Gadgets+to+a+Confluence+Page

These might help you out.

Best regards,

Peter

Paul Buckle July 9, 2013

Hi Peter, thank you for your response.

I'm afraid I don't see the link between what I'm trying to do and the use of a gadget. I'm just trying to reproduce what I already do with the version 4.0.29 of this macro, which is to show the result of a JIRA query in a Confluence page in "Total issue count" form, rather than the list of matching issues. I've not had to make use of a gadget before.

However, when I define the macro and the JIRA Search yields 0 or 1 result, I cannot select "Display as: Total issue count", because the "Display options" link (where the "Display as" option can then be configured) is greyed out. I can't believe this is by design.

Regards.

Paul

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2013

Hi Paul,

I tried to recreate your problem in our environment (Confluence 5.1.3 and Jira 6.0.3) and didn't have the problem, I could select issue count (see attached screenshot) :

This is using the Jira Issues macro, if I use the Jira Issue (without the extra s), I don't get any display options, might that be the problem?

Best regards,

Peter

Paul Buckle July 9, 2013

Hi Peter

Are you sure you're not using a pre-5.0 version of the JIRA Issues macro? Version 5 combined the two macros into just the one (Release Notes). The new macro looks like below (and you can see in this example that I cannot select "Display options" when the query doesn't return anything).

Regards.

Paul

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2013

Do'h :( You are right I'm still using the 4.x version.

You still try to get this functionality back using the jira gadgets in confluence, for example, you could take the Filter Result gadget and use the same JQL your using in you example to display the following :

It's still not exactly what you want, but at least you can see that there are currently no results for you filter. This could be a temporary work around.

They should indeed be fixed in the plugin.

Best regards,

Peter

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2013

Hi Paul,

You're welcome and good luck :)

Regards,

Peter

Paul Buckle July 9, 2013

Hi Peter

I only have this version of the macro in our Test Confluence/JIRA environment at the moment, so I may just hold off updating it in our Production one until the issue has been resolved.

Alternatively, I will certainly look at the workaround you have proposed.

Many thanks for all your input!

Regards.

Paul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events