"Committers to ignore" seems to be failing

Ignacio Calderon June 26, 2015

Hello, this is the set up i have for my project:

• A stash repo with the plugin set to build the master branch, ignoring the jenkins user's email
  • A Jenkins job building over the master branch
  • the job:
    • pumps the build version
    • build, test, report, etc
    • commits the changes on the new version to the master branch.

When something is committed/merged to the master branch the jenkins jobs starts, so far so good, then when the jenkins job finishes, it triggers itself again and again and again. It seems that whatever is in the "Committers to ignore" field is being ignored.

So, my question is What has to be put in there: email, username, "username <email>"?

Let me know if you need more input about this.

3 answers

0 votes
Ritu Choudhary November 3, 2020

I am caught in the same issue. the "Committers to ignore"  field is being ignored. Is there any resolution available now in bitbucket for this?

0 votes
Ignacio Calderon August 27, 2015

Yes, the jenkins user it's pushing a commit back with the version file being pumped. When i tested it, i tried a combination of things for the committer to no avail. I implemented a workaround on jenkins level checking for the committer & message of the last commit to skip push part again.

0 votes
Michael Irwin August 27, 2015

(Plugin developer here) - Sorry for the late response, apparently I wasn't watching the topic when I thought I was. Is your Jenkins instance pushing something (a tag, commit, anything) back to the repository after the build?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events