"Approve" button is confusing

Stefan de Pagter November 19, 2015

Hello Antonella,

So far I am really happy with the new upgrade of herzum and the new functionalities. However some people complained on the "Approve" button when a ticket is in an approval status (See screenshot).Approve.JPG

This button implies you can approve when you press the button, while in fact this sends a message to the pending approvers that need to approve. Am I correct? 

It is possible to rename the label but not the "Approve" text. 

Ideally it should be something like "Approval Reminder (Label text here)".

Can it be possible to rename this fieldname?

I hope you understand the way it is configured now is confusing.

Thank you.

Stefan

3 answers

0 votes
Stefan de Pagter January 28, 2016

Hi Antonella, thank you we are going to configure this this weekend.

Regards,

Stefan

0 votes
Stefan de Pagter January 22, 2016

Hi Antonella,

During testing we had another discussion on this. Will it be possible to hide this button? That would help us.

Regards,

Stefan

Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2016

Hi Stefan,

Page https://chicago.herzum.com/confluence/display/HAP/Request+Approval+Notification+Administration details the topic.

In order to hide the button from every project, you can check the Only Selected Projects option and Save.

HideNotificationButton.PNG

Best Regards

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2015

Hi Stefan,

please, review bellow my answers.

Question

Some people complained on the "Approve" button when a ticket is in an approval status (See screenshot).

This button implies you can approve when you press the button, while in fact this sends a message to the pending approvers that need to approve. Am I correct?

Answer

The button allows notifying, via email, all Approvers that an Approval Request exists for them.

Page https://chicago.herzum.com/confluence/display/HAP/Notifications+via+e-mail details the topic.

This button does not implies approvers are enabled to approve only after that someone press it.

In fact, approvers can approve, also if no email notification is sent, via the Approval Actions buttons on the issue.

Page https://chicago.herzum.com/confluence/display/HAP/How+to+manage+the+approval+via+the+issue+screen) details the topic.

This button implies you can approve via email when you press it.

In fact, approvers need the Approval request notification to be enabled to APPROVE/REJECT via email.

Question

It is possible to rename the label but not the "Approve" text.

Ideally, it should be something like "Approval Reminder (Label text here)".

Can it be possible to rename this field-name?

Answer

The full text you display on the button is compound by Transition Name(Request Approvals label) .

The Request Approvals label can be customized via the Approval Global Configuration Administration screen (I see you have already done it).

The Transition Name can be customized by editing your workflow.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Antonella

Marcos Sciarra August 13, 2018

Can you guide me step by step how can I change the button display name for Approve or Decline?

Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2018

Hi Marcos,

If you need any support to configure our Herzum Approval app, please, contact me at antonella.capalbo@herzum.com.

Kind Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events