"AddedAfterSprintStart" JQL Function Not Recognized

IT September 2, 2014

I've installed ScriptRunner, updated JIRA to 6.3.4 and enabled the sub-module needed for this (I think it was disabled by default) and reindexed after doing so. All other JQL functions in the ScriptRunner documentation appear to work (as a side note the expression function is pretty darn slow, but works). The sprint planning page even has the icons for viewing tickets added after sprint creation, but clicking on it brings me to the issue navigator with the following JQL entered:

issueFunction in addedAfterSprintStart("LLC", "99")

This results in an error stating:

Unable to find JQL function 'addedAfterSprintStart(LLC, 99)'.

Reference: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+JQL+Functions#ScriptedJQLFunctions-addedAfterSprintStart(boardname,\[sprintname\])

Any ideas on how to get this working?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2014

> as a side note the expression function is pretty darn slow, but works

That has two arguments, the first is an initial jql query, the output of which is filtered using your expression. If it's slow you should make sure that's a sensible value. On my dev (not prod) machine it can deal with 20k issues per second, which should be adequate.

> I think it was disabled by default

I don't think it was - maybe one of your admins disabled it in a previous install?

Not sure why that function is not available. That happens when JIRA Agile is not installed, but obviously that's not the case. Can you try disabling then enabling Script Runner and check the logs, post if anything relevant. If that doesn't work try disabling then enabling JIRA Agile.

IT September 2, 2014

Jamie, thank you for the quick reply:

1. issuefunction in expression("","timespent > originalestimate")
    • resulted in 11,880 tickets (we have 45k issues total)
    • took roughly 14 seconds to complete.
  2. Disabling and re-enabling ScriptRunner was successful.
    • However, this function is taking > 30 seconds to complete.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events