questions about Zephy for Jira Software Server

ChristianM September 14, 2017

Hello guys,

I've a problem, I am using Zephyr add-on to create test cases.

1. When I create a Test Cases, I can assign a tester1 and estimate effort. But I can't understand what next? Because the test is an issue type, so it have a different status, what happens when I finish the creation of the test case, should I change the status to "done"? 

2. If tester1 log in into Jira, he will have a notification?

3. After created the testcase, I create a Test Cycle, so I assign to tester2 to execute the testcase, but when tester2 log in into Jira, he hasn't any notification, What configuration  is necesary to notified him?

1 answer

0 votes
Arun Ravindran September 25, 2017

Hi Christian

Thanks for your interest in Zephyr.Please check our answers inline

1. When I create a Test Cases, I can assign a tester1 and estimate effort. But I can't understand what next? Because the test is an issue type, so it have a different status, what happens when I finish the creation of the test case, should I change the status to "done"? -->Please note Zephyr's test case doesn't have any impact or modifications done on Jira Workflow.You can configure the Jira workflow as per your requirement .As workflow is a jira feature , we are pasting the corresponding link below

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/configuring-workflow-720412524.html

Also please note ideally after creating a test case, you need to add it to a test cycle and perform execution to mention a complete test run as "Done"

2. If tester1 log in into Jira, he will have a notification?

3. After created the testcase, I create a Test Cycle, so I assign to tester2 to execute the testcase, but when tester2 log in into Jira, he hasn't any notification, What configuration  is necesary to notified him?

-->For point 2 and 3 please use Jira's email notification feature and configure as  per your requirement

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-email-notifications-776636790.html

Thanks

ZephyrSupport

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events