qTest in JIRA OnDemand ?

Deleted user August 5, 2013

There's confusing information about qTest support in JIRA OnDemand.

Atlassian Marketplace claims this add-on is not available for OnDemand users, while vendor (QASymphony) mentiones this intergation is available for both on-premise and on-demand JIRA installations -- see http://www.qasymphony.com/qtest-integration-jira.html

Please clarify.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2013

Mmm, I found the qTest page utterly and totally unclear.

I do not understand what they are trying to say their product works here, but it's not a simple yes/no answer for this integration.

There are two things that might be happening here.

1. qTest have a plugin or hook into Jira that needs to be deployed in Jira. This is not available in OnDemand and never has been

2. qTest talks to Jira over REST, which is available in OnDemand.

If their system needs point 1 to function, then their document is plain wrong and you can't use it with OnDemand. If their system only needs REST as in point 2, then it should be absolutely fine. Third case though - their system uses REST for some stuff, and then has an additional plugin for Jira that enables more functionality - you won't be able to use those on OnDemand.

I guess their mention of various versions of Jira may change between versions of their system too (e.g. v1 only used REST, but v2 implemented the plugin for additional features)

Finally, have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=315326753#AtlassianOnDemandandAdd-ons%28Plugins%29-JIRA - that does not mention qtest, so if there is a Jira plugin, it's not usable, and never has been, on OnDemand.

0 votes
Uy Tran August 18, 2013

@Nic: Thank you for the anwser. To clarify, I'm from qTest team and our JIRA integration page has been updated according to your feedbacks.

@Alex: Sorry for the confusion. For your question, qTest has 2 JIRA integration options:

1/ Via qTest' defect integration module which enables users to submit defect tickets directly to JIRA from qTest Test execution. This module supports JIRA 4.4.0+ for both local and OnDemand.

2/ Via qTest's connector (JIRA add-on), the connector enables users to sync both defect and requirement tickets across JIRA and qTest. Unfortunate, right now the connector only supports JIRA 5.0+ local deployment, we are working on the OnDemand version and will notify the users about it availability.

Feel free to contact me at uytran_at_qasymphony_dot_com if you have any question.

Stephen Etheridge June 8, 2014

Any update to this? Does qTest support linking/synchronisation of qTest requirements to JIRA defects or not?

(I've emailed the same question)

Mahesh Kallepalli August 26, 2020

@Uy Tran1 

Hope you are doing well.

Could you help me when test execution is failed Bug has to create in jira. Do we need to install any connectors in QTest.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events