projects desappearing in gantt chart

Monika Kulshrestha April 8, 2013

Hi when select projects in gantt chart. they keep on desappearing and the gantt chart shows blank page with headings only no data (projects details)
CAn you please suggest how to resolve this one.

3 answers

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2013

Sure, there's a difference in concepts as well as UI: my intension is, not to provide a drawing tool but high integration into JIRA with a minimalistic user interface to focus on what's needed for daily work. I use additional customfields for planned start/end dates, being calculated automatically but with the possibility of manual maintenance per issue as you want like within MS-Project.

You can use JIRA's native search functionality and add customfield "Gantt-Chart" to the result page storable as JIRA filter for sharing with other users or displayed later or being put on your dashboard as filter result gadget. Beside this embedded Gantt-Charts, you can enable Gantt-Chart and Resource-Planning per project visible on additional tabs, add Gantt-Charts as gadget on your dashboard displaying all issues of specified project(s) or filter allowing multi-project views including display of defined inter-project dependencies. If you are using ALMwork's STRUCTURE add-on, you can view the related Gantt-Chart as well as I have integrated this. If you are using Greenhopper, you can modify the active sprint (e.g. shift tasks via drag'n drop on the rapid board or add a task to the active spring from the backlog) and the related Gantt-Chart will reflect this changes automatically by re-scheduling the tasks etc.

If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to contact me or just try it (in that case: please read the inline documentation and hints on the gantt configuration pages).

Regards,
Frank

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2013

Hi Monika,

sorry for not being able to help.

You have mixed two different vendors: you are running Soyatec's "JIRA Gantt-Chart Project" and not my "Gantt-Chart for JIRA". Please contact them!

Regards,
Frank

Monika Kulshrestha April 13, 2013

thanks..Is there any difference in functionallity except vendor?

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 8, 2013

Hi Monika,

in order to help you, I need the following information additionally:

- What JIRA version are you using?
- What Gantt-Chart version are you using?

Regards,
Frank

Monika Kulshrestha April 9, 2013
Jira Version 5.2.7

JIRA Gantt-Chart Project - 2.2.6

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events