problem with issue update using JEMH mail

Julian Oliver March 21, 2013

We are new in JIRA and JIRA Enterprise Mail Handler. We are creating issues using JEMH without problems. We are however unable to modify or update created issues using JEMH in the same way but specifying issue Id.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2013

The solution to this was that a Project Mapping was present that had no rules attached. A Project Mapping alone is just a definition of a Project, it must have least one rule to be valid, the UI shows this in red.

If there is only one project involved, the fallback project is the simplest way of achiving this, no Project Mappings are needed.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2013

Hi Julian,

I can't tell what version you're using, please check if this is resolved by an upgrade, failing that, can you create an issue at JEMH Jira and provide more details so I can work on a reproduction/fix?

0 votes
Julian Oliver April 8, 2013

Hi Andy

finally I reinstalled and checked everything as far as I understand (Field Procesor, Directives). Creation is doing fine, update still gives problems. I have been trying different directives in different mails (both from Outlook and as Test Cases). When using test case even with a bare minimum directive (contents given below) it always return the same JAVA error:

IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0:
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0

In the Audit event details I see that JEMH is able to identify the Issue Key (AXAAN-2) which is correct. 
I include a screen capture at the bottom of this post.

I really do not get what I am doing wrong, maybe you can help me a little.
Regards and thanks in advance
Julian

CONTENTS

MIME-Version: 1.0

Received: from llsb600-a02.servidoresdns.net (llsb600-a02.servidoresdns.net [82.223.190.168])

by llce454-z.servidoresdns.net with LMTPA;

Tue, 09 Apr 2013 06:56:41 +0200

X-Sieve: CMU Sieve 2.3

Received: from llsc494-a04.servidoresdns.net (llsc494-a04.servidoresdns.net [82.223.190.47])

by llsb600-a02.servidoresdns.net (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 9806C37EB79

for ; Tue, 9 Apr 2013 06:56:41 +0200 (CEST)

Received: from Win2008Server (unknown [77.228.97.87])

by llsc494-a04.servidoresdns.net (Postfix) with ESMTPA id 555182012ED

for ; Tue, 9 Apr 2013 06:56:41 +0200 (CEST)

To:

References:

In-Reply-To:

Subject: issueKey=AXAAN-2

Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 06:56:41 +0200

Message-ID:

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: text/plain;

charset="iso-8859-1"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook 14.0

Thread-Index: Ac4kAsR322JQbFQ+TDyGuL8WLHaD+AAAeUmwAAAsvRAAACplMAAAysmwAGn28KAATS3JAAN9ygmQAAAu+QAAADnAMA==

Content-Language: es

@priority=trivial

SCREENSHOT

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 23, 2013

Hi Julian,

Have you enabled an appropriate FieldProcessor (e.g. the 'At Prefix' Field Procesor) as well as enabled Directives?(they are disabled by default) you can enable them for OnComment,OnCreate or both. If that is set, perhaps there is a permissions problem.

The easiest way to check what is /isn't working is by creating a JEMH Test Case. The results screen will tell you what Field Processor (the thing that interprets the Directives) handleed the mail, helping locate any problems.

let me know if you still have problems setting up?

https://javahollic.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/Use+a+TestCase+for+quick+testing

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events