post function to clear checklist items

Steadfast Financial May 14, 2015

Im trying to perform a post function that will remove the strikethrough / uncheck all checklist items.

I using the update issue custom field post function (comes with JIRA Suite Utilities Plugin - free).

Can you tell me what the custom field value would be to remove striketrhough / uncheck all checklist items?

or perhaps there is an easier way to do this?

Thanks

6 answers

0 votes
JBennett June 11, 2018

Hi. Just following on from this, I've needed to do this recently but the feature in the Checklists add-on only uncheck the items and doesn't remove the statuses? Is there another way of doing this as when the items are unchecked they still appear with my completed status.

Thanks

Jon

0 votes
Andrew Pane February 9, 2016

I've discovered that the JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions plug-in has a "Clear Field Value" Post Function that can be used to clear the entire checklist on a transition.

Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 9, 2016

Thanks @Andrew Pane,

That is definitely useful for Checklist V2.x but is not required for Checklist v3.x as it comes with a post function that can clear the checklist and even replace it with new items.

0 votes
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 27, 2015

H Andrew,

Checklist 3 now ships with a native post-function that allows you to clear checklist items.

Here's a link to the documentation.

Yves

Andrew Pane December 27, 2015

Sure, you just need to get it supported on Atlassian Cloud. ;)

0 votes
Andrew Pane December 26, 2015

Ditto to @Steadfast Financial's question above: I am unable to clear a checklist via a post function. sad

0 votes
Steadfast Financial May 15, 2015

Hello,

This doesnt really help, unfortunately. I can change other custom fields using post functions without problem (using JIRA SUITE UTILITIES) to update a custom field value (select lists etc). Was looking for a simple way to just mark the items as unchecked upon transition.

Thanks for your help, but this is not quite what I was looking for. 

0 votes
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
May 14, 2015

Hi Jeremy,

I suggest that you first take a look at the following question and its answer. If you still need help, let me know.

How can I add or remove a option to/form the todolist via a groovy script

Regards,

Yves

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events