plug-in for event handling in JIRA? please specify

Urvashi Pareta May 5, 2014

If I want to perform some business logics what are the plug in in JIRA for it? please guide all.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2014

That's a very wide open question, and there's no real answer because there's not enough detail here.

You might find your business process can be handled by Jira with no plugins. Or maybe adding a couple of little ones, or you might decide you need scripting, flexible reporting, agile support and a helpdesk.

I think you need to explain what you're planning to try to use it for before we can start recommending anything.

(Although, my standard advice for all new Jira admins - you'll always find a use for the Jira Toolkit and Jira Suite Utilities, so you might as well whack them in now. Third on the list is the scripting plugin, but I don't add that until I *know* I can't do stuff with other dedicated plugins)

Urvashi Pareta May 6, 2014

hey Nic .. Thanks for your reply.. :) I know my question was wide open but I really appriciate your response. Actually I am searching for a plug-In for event handling so that in such project lets say : we may trigger for an event when workflow status changes or suppose we may want to start(raise) any related problem ticket. Thats the description I may give you this time. Rest I am looking for proper description to tell you. Could you please help me with this now. . ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2014

Ok, Jira does that off-the-shelf.

On every transition, an event is fired. You can configure as many different event-types as you need.

All Jira does with these when you first install it is listen for them so it can send email. But it's possible to write your own listeners to do all sorts of things when events are fired and caught - more email, update remote systems, create more issues, move stuff through a workflow, etc

I'd probably reach for the script-runner first - it'll save you having to code all the structure around an event listener and you'll find lots of support for it on the web.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events