permission viewer plugin issues

Remi Ajao December 10, 2015

I'm currently using the latest bitbucket version after upgrading from stash 3.5.0
Essentially when anyone clicks on permissions "padlock" button for a repo, it results in a 500 even if the person who clicked is the owner.

To reproduce select any Repo, on left hand side look for padlock aka view permissions button and click.

You get this message below and a 500 skullbones graphic ->
Oops, an error occurred
Please see your system administrator.

I'm not sure if this issue existed prior to the upgrade or was there before and we just didn't notice it.

Here's the update from Bitbucket support and yes I do have the version 1.3 after the upgrade

======================================================================

Further review of the logs indicates a that the permission viewer plugin is failing on startup. Do you know if this plugin was updated to version 1.3 after you upgraded to Bitbucket Server? Can you please go to the Administrator>>Manage Add-ons page and see what version of that plugin you have installed and if there are any messages about its status there. If you are on version 1.2 or less this would not be compatible with Bitbucket server and will need to be upgraded.

Unfortunately this plugin is not supported by Atlassian, and in fact it is listed as unsupported on the marketplace. You could try to disable, remove, and then install fresh the plugin and see if that helps, otherwise I can direct you to Atlassian Answers where you can post your question and see if anyone has had a similar issue that they resolved.

2 answers

0 votes
Caterina Curti
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2016

The problem is still occurring with the plugin version 1.3 - Released 2015-10-05, which should support  Bitbucket Server 4.0.2 - 4.4.1.

I tested it against Bitbucket Server 4.3.2.

This is the URL hit by the plugin:

<BitbucketServerURL>/plugins/servlet/projectpermissions/<projectKey>

This is a screenshot of the additional icon displayed when listing the repositories and the plugin is enabled:

PermissionViewerPluginIcon1.png

0 votes
David Hergert _PAYX_ January 23, 2016

After upgrading to 4.3.1, we see the same issue and the logs show

Caused by: com.google.common.util.concurrent.UncheckedExecutionException:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Required plugin module
com.orbitz.bitbucket.plugins.permission-viewer-plugin:soy-templates 
was either missing or disabled

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events