## @param emptymsg: does not seem to work

Phillip Jones January 29, 2016

I am trying to use the parameter to return some text if my query returns nothing, and it doesn't seem to be working. 

Query: 

select listagg(osuser, ', ') within group (order by osuser) as "plain" from (select distinct osuser from v$session) where osuser != 'SYSTEM' and osuser not like 'VMCONFTEST%'

Template: 

## @param emptymsg:The query returned no result!!
#foreach($row in $result)
$row.plain
#end

Result:

$row.plain

1 answer

0 votes
Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2016

Hi Phillip,

Do I understand you right that "$row.plain" is written on your page? This means that your result is not empty, but contains one row and apparently this row has no "plain" value. Please try with a simple statement that will always return an empty result:

SELECT *
FROM v$session
WHERE osuser = 'SomethingThatIsNoUsername'

Or something similar - just try a query whose result will be empty for sure.

And also try with a simple template like this:

## @param emptymsg:The query returned no result!!

This is just a test!

Regards, Felix

Phillip Jones February 1, 2016

$row.plain is written on my page. It does work if I use your query suggestion, but I think it is when I use the listagg function that it doesn't work. 

When I take my exact query mentioned above and run it in my database, it returns a list of distinct users connected, and if none are connected, it returns nothing. 

I used the #foreach function to help get rid of some formatting

Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2016

For analysis, please simply write $result and $result.size() in your template and let me know of the result.

Phillip Jones February 1, 2016

$result gives me this:  [{plain=null}]

$result.size() gives me this: 1

Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2016

It looks like your query is in fact returning one row in which the value for "plain" is null. $result is simply the result of your query. You'll have to find a way for your query to return truly an empty result set.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events