new project, screens not modified

Harko Prinssen March 31, 2015

Hi

I am running a trial of you addon. So far I am very happy with it and am considering buying a full license.

After installing the addon my existing project had its screens modified to be able to add/edit the necessary fields. However a new project I made yesterday didn't have the fields by default and I had to add them manually even though I have the option 'for all projects' enabled. 

Since I didn't have to do this by hand for the first project I don't expect this to be by design.

Can you help me out on this one?

thanjs

1 answer

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2015

Atlassian JIRA does not fire any event in case of creation of a new project. Therefore, my add-on does not know about that and cannot modify screens automatically.

Configuring my add-on as system administrator initially, all necessary custom fields are created and put on related edit screens and view screens. Depending on your screen schemes, this effects all your projects. But if you have project specific settings of schemes, you have to configure your JIRA screens according to your needs: that's a typical admin task like configuration of workflows.

Kind regards,
Frank 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events