nFeed & Kepler custom fields and Behavior plugin not working

Dmitry Nechayev December 31, 2012

I tried to use nFeed custom database fields (as well as custom fields created with Kepler's plugin) with Behaviors plugin (specifying read-only property and scripts) and found that such fields are not affected by Behavior's hook-ups: neither read-only property can be set up nor scripts fire

Anyone has a similar problem? Thanks!

4 answers

0 votes
Nicolas Esteves November 16, 2018

Hello,

Here is some information regarding the compatibility of nFeed with Behaviours: https://valiantys.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/NFEED512X/pages/266698758/ScriptRunner+Behaviours+compatibility

Regards,

Nicolas.

0 votes
Ergun Seray April 25, 2015

Hi Jamie, I also need to use nfeed with behaviours. I can set read-only & hidden properties of custom-fields if the type is Kepler DBCF but if I use Nfeed I can not set these properties. Is there a way to use nfeed custom-fields with Behaviours? Reagrds,

0 votes
Dmitry Nechayev January 3, 2013

Thanks, Jamie, for answering - I read all the comments - they definitely give a clue

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

The behaviours plugin needs to "understand" each field to do things like set it read only, and read the value etc. Making it understand all possible custom field types provided by plugins is not possible.

If you go to https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JBHV/, search for nfeed in the top right search box, then narrow down on "jira behaviours plugin", you will see some issues and comments about this. Sorry, it doesn't support a direct link to the search.

I'm not sure about your comment about the kepler field. Scripted field created with script runner, and sil fields, are calculated, so can't be on a screen. So I don't see how they could fire an event.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events