move object to another object type by grroovy script

meysam September 27, 2017

Hi

how can i Move an Object  to another object type by groovy script?

i'm tired read this doc but did not mention anything about move object script.

Please help me.

Best Regards

2 answers

1 vote
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2017

Hi Meysam,

Just wanted to give you an quick update. We've actually started to implement this, so that this is doable using our Java API, I will be included in an upcoming update. At the Atlassian Marketplace, it's possible to watch the Insight add on, that way you can get an email when there has been a new release. 

Best Regards
Alexander

1 vote
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2017

Hi Meysam,

There is an end point for moving resources using rest, but it's quite complex, as you need to map each attribute between the object types etc. What I would recommend instead is to create an new object in that object type using the groovy script, by accessing the object you want to move, and copy the values. Then you could either delete the old object, or update it with an Status or, add an reference to the newly created object, if this would be helpful. It's worth mentioning that if you create the new object instead of moving it, it will get an new Id and Key, and any connections to JIRA issues etc, won't be transfered to the new object.

We have an script for creating an object in the examples you mentioned. 

In our API documentation at https://insight-javadoc.riada.se/insight-javadoc-5.0/ there is information on the ObjecttFacadeImpl with information on available methods that could be useful in this situation.

Also, we have some partners that can help you in the process of creating such an script. Let us know it that's the case.

It's worth mentioning that we plan to implement so that the ObjectFacade will support the move functionality. 

Best Regards
Alexander 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events