linking defect with test execution and checking it belong to which test case?

Raisa September 9, 2014

If i link a defect with test execution, is there any way that i can see the link in that particular defect. for example if i execute text case T and link defect D in step execution.

so when the defect D is resolved, is there any way that i can see that in Test T 

OR

Is there any way i can link D to T so that when i view Defect i can know what is the test case for it. 

In the picture below LOC-2480 is defect for step 3 of test execution. so when this defect is resolved. is there any way to know that this defect is for which test case?

Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 9.50.15 am.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2014

Hello Raisa,

You can see the the test cases which are related to the defect and also the status of the same.

For that you have to click on the defect and it will navigate to the defect page.(See the image below)

On the defect page you can see the issue links to which test cases it's impacting.

Once the issue status is changed from the workflow the same will be reflecting on hovering mouse on the defect.(Screenshot attached)Screenshot (2).pngDefect_page.pngThank you,

Best Regards,

Bibek

Raisa September 15, 2014

Hello Bibek, I am unable to see the Affects test execution link on defect's page. This is a feature i am looking for, as currently i have to manually link the defect with the test. Thanks, Raisa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events