[linkedIssuesOf] enforce check condition on ALL linked issues

Lucas Molenaar July 7, 2017

I am currently trying to build a query that returns all tickets for which EVERY link to a target project has a specific status. My problem is that if a ticket has two links to a target project, one with the expected status and the 2nd with an incorrect status, the ticket is still listed

e.g.

project = HZN4PD AND issuetype = "Product User Story" AND issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = ONEMUI AND status = Done")

Returns tickets that have a different linked status as Done (if it also contains a linked status with Done)

How can I make sure that it checks the "AND status = Done" condition for ALL linked issues in project ONEMUI?

What I found out is that when you specify the Link type, like this:

project = HZN4PD AND issuetype = "Product User Story" AND issuefunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = ONEMUI AND status = Done", "Is implemented in")

It enforces the check to only that link type (instead of all types). Is it possible to group more types into this single argument (I tried several combinations, non worked)?

1 answer

0 votes
Katy Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2017

Hi Lucas, 

Unfortunately there is not currently a built in solution for this. However, you can develop a custom JQL function to achieve this functionality. 

We have added this as an improvement for the future. If you or anyone else wants to watch progress on this you can follow along here

Kind regards,

Katy

Adaptavist Product Support 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events