jira subversion commit data starts from old commits

Janis Perkons October 9, 2012

Hi, all,

after jira upgrade to 5.1.4 with corresponding subversion plugin 0.10.11,

now project general screen tab "Subverison" shows commits ordered from first commit to last, not like previously (jira 4.2.4 ) - latest commits on the top.

Therefore we can see old commits, but latest commits are out of page - invisible.

How can this be fixed, reordered?

Thanks, in advance!

9 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
William Crighton _CCC_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2013

I guess this issue isn't being faced by many people?

I'm going to take a look at the source and see if there's an easy fix.

-wc

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2013

No, everyone is facing this issue, but most people do not use the project tab but use the issue tab. Atlassian does not seem to care to fix issues in the subversion plugin except when absolutely forced to.

Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2013

Looking at the Atlassian's product catalog you could see how things are going to:

Git:

• BitBucket and onDemand for hosting services
  • Stash for the server
  • SourceTree for the client

while Subversion regards to:

• End of service for the hosting
  • The poorly maintained JIRA Subversion plugin
  • The FishEye old dinosaur

It seems that every customer dissapointed with the lack of support of Subversion becomes a good candidate to live in the new Git wonderful world.

While Subversion is mature (from the business point of view) in a saturated market with tons of tools and vendors supporting it, Git is virgin compared to it. And the war is in gaining Git market share by providing support, services and tools around it. The sound of cannons is bringing confusion to Subversion users.

I hope products like Subversion Plus for JIRA which are absolutely powerful and simple to use will bring some peace of mind to Subversion users, thus they do not being involved in needing to participate in the Git war, which is mainly a business strategic issue orchestrated by Atlassian among other development tool vendors.

1 vote
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2013

Subversion Plus:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/pbeltranl.subversion.jira.pbeltranl-jira-subversion-plugin

It's compatible and fixes this problem, furthermore it also supports pagination.

William Crighton _CCC_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2013

dude, you are a rockstar tonight. many thanks for the quick comment - if I didn't properly do all I can to say thanks then let me know. This is an extremely cool piece of intel.

-wc

0 votes
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2013

You might want to try this fork of the plug-in:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/pbeltranl.subversion.jira.pbeltranl-jira-subversion-plugin

it shows the latest commits at the begginig of the Subversion project tab.

0 votes

Hi,

I`m talking about project screen, not specific issue screen. Kinda general subversion acitivity observation.

https://jira.blabla.com/browse/XXXXX#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion%3Asubversion-project-tab

Its ordered like

Repository Revision

XXXX #1

XXXX #2

XXXX #3

XXXX #4

so I cant see revision 1000

0 votes
Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2012

Looking at the code Subversion plugin uses the sort order of issue tab panel as default, can you check are your other tabs also sorted on ascending order ?

0 votes

also true for different users

0 votes
Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2012

I am asking for all users not projects ?

0 votes
Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2012

Are all users seeing this behavior ?

0 votes

yes, this is true for all projects I checked > related to many repositories

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events