jira git plugin does not fetch

John Franey August 11, 2013
Hi, I would like resolution to this issue with the free-trial of git plugin. It appears that the git plugin is not fetching new commits from the origin repository into the clone before re-indexing. Using jira git plugin version 1.2.8 on jira 6.0.5. I cloned a repository, then configured the plugin to read/index the clone. Plugin and configuration works: Commits existing in origin before the clone are visible. After a few days, as work proceeds and comits to origin are pushed, we expect to see these new commits in the git tab of these new issues. We don't. Checking the clone, there is no evidence that jira is fetching new commits. Manual reset and re-index from the repository configuration page does not fetch later commits. No activity appears in catalina.out nor jiradata/logs. Suggestions? Must I setup a fetch script to run outside of jira? Thanks, John

3 answers

1 vote
John Franey August 15, 2013

Hi Andrey.

Thanks.

I spent the last three days figuring out for myself what the issue is. I had sent email to bigbrassband on August 13 and have not received so much as an acknowledgement so far. Sorry, but the vendor has not earned the license fee, in my opinion. I am cancelleing the trial. I have no heart to push this purchase through my company's approval process. For free, I have just as much support from the maintainer of the open source version at https://github.com/mteodori/jira-git-plugin. This maintainer didn't respond to an email from me either. But at least I have the source.

John

Andrey Levchenko August 15, 2013

Both plugins are based on same source. But free version is less user friendly.

For example ssh key configuration in Git Version Control Viewer is more simple and provides more config options like passphrase support.

BTW half of our team is on vacation this time and this introduce some delay.
I'm sorry for that.

0 votes
John Franey September 2, 2013

Closing the question: answered (using open source version as noted above.)

0 votes
Andrey Levchenko August 15, 2013

Hi John

No outside script is required. The problem may be linked with SSH keys configuration.

Could you send Support zip to support@bigbrassband.com?

here are instructions to create zip:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Getting+Help#GettingHelp-CreatingaSupportZip

Sverre Moe October 9, 2013

I have the exact same problem. We are evaluating the plugin since it cost much less than FishEye.

When adding a repository I have to manually create the repository with a "git clone" command on the server.

I have configured the plugin to fetch, but it does not do so, ever.

It is difficult for me to recommend to purchase this plugin if these to issues does not work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events