java.lang.NullPointerException in Automation plugin

Dear all, I used Automation plugin to automize some transactions in business processes in JIRA.  For several months the automation worked fine, but some days ago I fund thant one automation rule is broken. In Event log I saw in error the message 'java.lang.NullPointerException'. Now all automated rules are not working now.

We use Jira version 7.3.3 and last version of Automation Plugin. I noticed this error after we upgade ServiceDesk version.  

Please help me to fix it. 

2 answers

0 vote
Sam Hall Community Champion Apr 04, 2017

Hi Sokovnin - There quite a few different automation add-ons available for JIRA

Can you say which one you mean?

Automation Lite for JIRA 

0 vote
Andreas Knecht Community Champion Apr 05, 2017

Hi Sokovnin,

Can you post the full stacktrace from your server logs (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/where-are-the-application-server-logs-16121981.html) here please?

Cheers,

Andreas

Dear Andreas, could you please tell me how I can attach required files? When I'm trying to insert text of logs in comment, web-site is shown me error :(

Andreas Knecht Community Champion Apr 05, 2017

Hey Sokovnin,

I'm not 100% sure either - this community site is fairly new.

Looking at that screenshot, I'm not even sure if it's Automation that's causing the problem. The stacktrace is cut off too soon.    

Looks more like the 'Email this issue' addon might be causing an issue here (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.metainf.jira.plugin.emailissue/cloud/overview) but it's hard to say without seeing the full stacktrace.  That stacktrace I think is purely JIRA's mail fetcher trying to fetch an issue from a mailbox.  Nothing to do with Automation. There might be other NullPointerExceptions in the log though.  

If you prefer a private channel, please send the log through https://codebarrel.io/support.  We don't fully support the old Automation Labs add-on you're using yet but I'll take a look.

Cheers,

Andreas

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 10, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

172 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you