java error when using jira2outlook plugin

Victor Acevedo March 20, 2015

i keep getting a java error when using jira2outlook plugin. what should i do to prevent this java error – it happens 6 times per issue attempted to be raised only when using the jira2outlook plugin.

9 answers

0 votes
Victor Acevedo March 25, 2015

it's not a java "error" – however, it's that java picture that comes up 6 times.   i consider that an error in the flow, but it's not an actual error message – apologies for the confusion.

0 votes
catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2015

Sorry for asking again, but could you please tell me, what exactly the error looks like? You provided 3 screenshots, but none of them is showing an error. The first one shows the "Java Control Panel". Is this considered to be the "error"? It is strange somehow, because the Add-In in Outlook does not use Java at all, it is built on .NET.

You could also try to uninstall or disable Java in your browser and see what happens.

0 votes
catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2015

Well, it is not Java at all. It is C# and all you need is .NET 4.0 or 4.5. But I don't think it is related to this. Could you please tell me the plugin version as well as your JIRA version for further investigation?

0 votes
Victor Acevedo March 24, 2015

this unfortunately did not fix the issue.

should i be using a particular version of java??

0 votes
catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2015

Okay, looks like the confirmation dialogs pops up more than just once. We will take a look at it and fix it in the upcoming release. Until then you can disable the confirmation dialog in the "Advanced Settings". Just enable the option "Do not display confirmation dialog..." for issues and comments.

0 votes
Victor Acevedo March 24, 2015

The error arises 3x after clicking either of these 2 buttons (pic1.png).  

And then it happens 3x right before it gives this message (pic2.png). 

Note: The jira does in fact get created properly.

0 votes
catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2015

So the error arises after creating or commenting. Usually a popup message would appear displaying an URL to the JIRA ticket. You can disable this feature in the advanced settings. However, this would only be a work around which does not fix the error. Could you provide a screenshot of the error message and tell me if this workaround fixes the issue for now?

0 votes
Victor Acevedo March 20, 2015

in outlook when i click "create JIRA" and/or "add as comment"

i get the error 6x total – it does eventually open the jira, but its a hassle to click cancel on these errors

0 votes
catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2015

Could you tell me when the error arises? When using the embedded browser? Could you also provide a screenshot of the error itself, please?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events