issueFunction in worklogged('inGroup <groupname>') works inconsistently

kk September 13, 2015

While issueFunction in workLogged('inGroup jira-developers') yields results, issueFunction in workLogged('inGroup <groupname hidden>') does not, despite the group containing users and those users having logged work.

Any ideas?

4 answers

0 votes
kk January 21, 2016

Update: Works for me now (with current ScriptRunner and current JIRA) smile

ScriptRunner: 4.2.0.4
JIRA: 7.0.5.

0 votes
Mark McCormack _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2015

so to clarify: issueFunction in workLogged('inGroup jira-developers") works but issueFunction in workLogged('inGroup <internal-group-name-goes-here>') does not.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2015

Klaus,

Referring to the documentation on the worklogged issueFunction. What version of JIRA are you running this against?

In particular, are you using JIRA 6.4 (also likely ScriptRunner for JIRA version 3.0.11+) or later - since it will only work for these later versions (since this is when JIRA started indexing the worklogs)?

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 14, 2015

Screenshare with Klaus showed they are using JIRA 6.4.x and ScriptRunner 4.1.1. The query seems to work with "InGroup jira-developers" but not with a user defined group. The users belong to the an AD User Directory but a local user-defined group.

Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 14, 2015

ok, this makes it clear. May be it is bug or something, Its working fine for me "internal user for ldap authentication"

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 14, 2015

Perhaps the indexed value is not the same as the AD group name, to allow for the AD group changing name or something. I will have to write some test code to work out what the issue is here...

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2015

It looks like this may be a bug but there is a workaround until we fix this. I would recommend trying this query instead: issuefunction in workLogged("by membersOf(groupname)")

kk September 16, 2015

The workaround does not produce _any_ for _any_ groups here. Odd.

David Arteaga January 21, 2016

Was the bug fixed or a solution found? Using the query with "by membersOf(grouName)" I get completely wrong results. Is there another way to mimic the functionality of "inGroup groupName"?

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2016

David,

No, as far as I recall we weren't able to reproduce this in our own environment.

kk January 21, 2016

@Mark McCormack [Adaptavist]: Update: Works for me now (with current ScriptRunner) smile

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2016

Klaus,

Thanks for the update, it's great to know it is working for you. Is that with the latest version of ScriptRunner compatible with JIRA 6.4.x (i.e version 4.1.3.7)?

0 votes
Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2015

Sorry, didn't understand what is <groupname hidden> Could you please elaborate ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events