is there a way to limit number of subtasks?

Orawan Sittakom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2015

Hi Support team,

I would like to ask about the plugin called "Quick Subtasks for JIRA". We are interesting this plug-in. 

It's quite easy to create multiple subtasks, each new line in the template makes a new subtask created. However I would like to ask, is there a way to limit the number of subtasks that will be created? For example: the specific group/role cannot add new line more than 20 lines (that means will be unable to create subtasks more than 20 subtasks). 

Thanks in advance.

Orawan.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pilar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2015

I do not think this is possible out of the box. Here is the feature request logged on atlassian

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-42549

Also worth mentioning is that more are the sub-tasks more will be performance issues while rendering the parent issue.

Pilar

0 votes
Micha Kops
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2015

@Orawan Sittakom As Pilar already stated, this feature does not exist yet, but please feel free to create a new feature request in the project's issue tracker here:

https://bitbucket.org/hascode/jira-quick-subtasks/issues

Orawan Sittakom
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2015

Thank you!

0 votes
Orawan Sittakom
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2015

Thank you for your answer.

0 votes
Orawan Sittakom
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2015

One more question, may be related to my question above. To visible the "Create multiple Sub-Tasks" link under More menu, can it be restricted to specific roles in project?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events